courtesy of: http://paleotable.com/2013/01/paleo-chili/
- grassfed sirloin steak – 1 pound, cut into bite-sized pieces
- grassfed ground beef – 1 pound
- bulk Italian sausage – 1 pound
- butternut squash – 1 small or 1 package pre-cut, but into 1/2-inch dice
- onions – 2, chopped
- sweet red pepper – 2, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil – 1 Tbsp
- crushed tomatoes – one 28 ounce can (I use Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted.)
- diced tomatoes – two 14.5 ounce cans (I use Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted.)
- bay leaves – 2
- chili powder – 2 Tbsp
- paprika – 1 Tbsp
- dried oregano – 1 tsp
- ground cumin – 1 tsp
- crushed red pepper – 1/2 tsp
- sea salt – 1/2 – 1 tsp
- Garnish (optional)
- avocados – 2 ripe, mashed and seasoned with a little salt and pepper
- black olives – sliced
- onions – chopped
- jalapeno pepper – chopped
- paleo sour cream –
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Peel and cube squash, transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it just begins to soften. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While squash bakes, cook sausage and ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Use a slotted spoon to transfer meat to a stock pot or Dutch oven. Add steak to the drippings in the skillet and brown on all sides, stirring occasionally. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to the pot.
- At the same time, in a large skillet over medium heat, warm 1 Tbsp oil. Add chopped onion and peppers and cook until onion starts to become translucent, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add squash, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and spices to meat mixture. Stir and simmer over medium heat for 30-60 minutes or until all of the flavors are married.
- Top with mashed avocado, chopped onion, chopped jalapeno, and chopped black olive, if desired.
Crock Pot Instructions
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and ground beef. Use a slotted spoon to transfer meat to the crock pot. Add steak to the drippings in the skillet and brown on all sides, stirring occasionally. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to the crock pot.
- While the meat is cooking, place onions, peppers, tomatoes, and spices in the crock pot. Stir all ingredients but squash and cook on low for 6-8 hours to allow the flavors to married. Four hours prior to completion, add the squash and stir to combine.
- Top with mashed avocado, chopped onion, chopped jalapeno, chopped black olive, and sour cream if desired.
Floor Press with Reverse Bands – 1RM
(5 rounds for time of:)
10 Power clean @135#/95#
15 Hand release push ups